Facilities and equipment
The Manchester Surgical Skills and Simulation Centre has a unique integrated operating theatre environment with nine training stations featuring the latest in audio-visual technology and instrumentation made by world-renowned medical equipment manufacturers – identical to those you will find in the most advanced operating theatres in the world.
A dedicated lecture room seating up to 40 delegates also functions as a two-way audio-visual link to both the Centre’s training stations or the operating theatres at Manchester Royal Infirmary. Its glass wall also permits observation of immersive and part task simulation for high quality group learning experiences.
Each training station includes:
- Operating table and height adjustable chair
- Audio visual equipment with integrated camera
- High definition surgical monitor
- Overhead operating light
- Head light
- Course specific instrumentation and endoscopy
- Powered drill and/or microdebrider
- Vacuum and air fixed points
- Computer-assisted stereotactic navigation if required
- C-arm and laser if required
- Insufflation if required
- Video links between each station, with the teaching suite and with Manchester Royal Infirmary